Goody Check-in Terms
Goody is committed to protecting your privacy. This Statement of Privacy applies to Customer Goody’s Check-in feature and to Goody’s handling of your personal information only. We operate in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Privacy Act 1993. For further information refer to the Act which is available at www.legislation.govt.nz
Purpose of collection
Personal information collected through the Goody’s Check-in feature is kept separate from other Goody services. The Check-in feature is solely used to enable businesses and organisations to assist with requests by health authorities to disclose personal information for contact tracing purposes in relation to Covid-19.
Collection of Personal Information
Goody’s Check-in platform collects your mobile number. You may be asked to provide other information such as your name, address or email depending on the requirements of the business or organisation using the Goody Check-in feature.
Use of Personal Information
Goody’s Check-in feature collects information for the purpose of contact tracing. Personal information (such as phone number, and if applicable, name, address, or email) will be made available to authorised organisations such as the Ministry of Health or local district health boards solely for the purpose of contact tracing in relation to covid-19.
What will happen to my information?
Your information will be deleted from the Goody’s Check-in database after 28 days from the date of last collection. You are entitled to request access to and correction of your personal information. At any time you may contact Goody with any privacy questions or concerns you may have at: firstname.lastname@example.org
See www.covid-19.govt.nz for further details on the COVID-19 response levels and contact tracing.
1. Information We Collect
We gather various information about Goody Members, including:
- personal information such as, your name, address, phone number(s), birthday, and Facebook and/or Twitter usernames;
- personal information gathered in connection with using various Goody Benefits which Goody may, from time to time, make available to you at the Website or within the Goody Application;
- where you have downloaded the Goody Application, device information such as your hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information including phone number;
- location information determined by way of various technologies, some of which may be made available through third party licensors;
- information collected through your use of the Goody Application and the Goody Loyalty Card at the Goody Businesses, such as the amount of your purchase, the frequency of your purchase and the points collected by you;
- information collected through your use of the Goody Application to save and redeem offers made available by Goody Businesses (Goody Offers), such as the kind of Goody Offers you use and the times and places at which you redeem Goody Offers;
- personal information, provided to us by you through any other method (including without limitation correspondence and discussions);
- information collected by us through click tracking in relation to your use of the Website, including the content you upload and the content you access; and
- aggregated data, which tracks traffic to the Website and cookies, which are pieces of information transferred to your computer hard drive for record keeping (such as your preferences on our Website).
2. How Your Information is Used
- If you participate in an online activity on the Website and/or Goody Application, your personal information will only be used for the purposes of that online activity, unless you otherwise provide us with your consent.
Any personal information you provide may be used for the following purposes:
- to send you periodic emails that you have subscribed to through your nominated email address;
- unless you select otherwise, to send you emails or otherwise alert you using the social media platforms that you have agreed to receive such alerts on to various opportunities or offers available at the Website or Goody Application or at a Goody Business (or such subset of Goody Businesses as you may advise us of from time to time);
- unless you select otherwise, to send you emails or notifications, or otherwise alert you using the social media platforms that you have agreed to receive such alerts on, regarding Goody Offers that are available on the Website and/or the Goody Application;
- unless you select otherwise, to provide to Goody Businesses (or such subset of Goody Businesses as you may advise us of from time to time) so that those businesses may send you emails or otherwise alert you using the social media platforms that you have agreed to receive such alerts on to various opportunities or offers available at the relevant Goody Business;
- unless you select otherwise, to allow Goody Businesses with whom you have signed up for a loyalty scheme or reward program to download your personal information for the purposes of maintaining that loyalty scheme and otherwise providing Goody Benefits to you;
- to track and manage the points you’ve earned at Goody Businesses;
- to track and manage the Goody Offers you have saved and redeemed;
- verification of your identity as a Goody Member;
- where we have collected time and location based information from your use of the Goody Website Goody Application and Goody Loyalty Card, to send you information on various opportunities and offers from Goody Businesses, and/or Goody Offers in a particular locality;
- to monitor, develop, and improve the Website, Goody Application Goody Benefits and Goody Offers, and ensure that they are presented in the most effective manner for the user;
- to keep the Website, Goody Application Goody Benefits and Goody Offers relevant and of interest to users;
- to investigate any complaints relating to the misuse of the Website and/or Customer Application;
- responding to any queries and/or comments you have sent to us; and
- such other use that you authorise.
- You will have the option to choose not to receive certain types of email communications from us or a Goody Business. Any emails we send or a Goody Business sends will also always contain a link at the bottom enabling you to be removed from our general mailing list or you can unsubscribe via your Goody member account page. If you elect not to receive emails or ask to be removed from a mailing list we may still send you emails where it is necessary to inform you of changes to the Goody Benefits or the way the membership, Website, Goody Application Goody Loyalty Card or Goody Offers are to operate.
3. Disclosure of Information
We will only share your personal information with a Goody Business, where:
- you have authorised that Goody Businesses to send communications to you;
- you have saved a Goody Offer offered by that Goody Business, to allow it to honour the Goody Offer; or
- you have signed up for a loyalty scheme or rewards program with that Goody Business, to allow it to maintain and provide that loyalty scheme or rewards program, or otherwise provide you with Goody Benefits (including (without limit) to download and use your personal information to further that purpose);
We will only share personal information with other companies, organisations or individuals in the following limited circumstances:
- as authorized by you;
- as set forth in the relevant portion of the Website, Goody Application or within any agreement between us,
- in our absolute discretion, any information we are required to disclose to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or government request.
- to the relevant authorities, any internet search provider that you use to access the Website, and/or the applicable intellectual property rights holders (or their representatives) if we consider you are infringing the intellectual property rights of any person.
4. Cookies and Tracking
- In order for Goody to ensure that we are providing the best possible consumer experience on the Website and within the Goody Application, we collect and track certain user information. When you visit the Website, our server may send a cookie to your computer. This cookie would be intended to store a limited amount of information about your site visit. The cookie tracks aggregate information on how our site is being used, including session counts, navigation patterns, and pages visited (Aggregate Data). These cookies, do not store any personal information as you browse the site. When you submit a question, we store your cookie identification in our system. This cookie allows our site to recognise you when you return.
- Goody may also utilise Google Analytics to track Aggregate Data about how our site is being used and/or non-personal user interaction data (including how you interact with the content and marketing initiatives) when you use the Goody Application. Google Analytics track anonymous user information, including the number of visitors to the Website, operating systems, Internet Provider addresses (if publicly available), and browser type. Web Logs are maintained only on Goody servers and do not store or place anything on the user's computer. Please see http://www.google.com/analytics for more information.
- Goody may sell, disclose or otherwise use Aggregate Data gathered on the Website or within the Customer Application to third parties for general marketing and demographic purposes. This data, when shared on an aggregated basis, does not include any of your personal information.
- If you come to the Goody Website from an online banner ad, an anonymous identification number may be passed to the Website. This information cannot be used to gather any personal information about you. It will only allow us to track the overall effectiveness of our online advertising, marketing and banner advertisement campaigns.
- Goody uses extensive and sophisticated secure technology to protect your data and transmissions between you and Goody. Transmission between browsers and our web server is implemented using either Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology or Goody's proprietary mobile application that utilizes SSL-encrypted communication. This technology requires an SSL-capable browser. Although Goody has taken these reasonable and appropriate measures to ensure that your personal information is delivered and disclosed only as set out above, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be completely secure. Goody cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit or receive through the Website or Goody Application. These activities are conducted at your own risk.
8. Holding, Correcting and Updating
- Any personal information that you provide to us will be collected and held by us at Goody Limited, 8 Railway St, Newmarket, Auckland, New Zealand. Under the Privacy Act 1993 you have rights of access and correction of personal information that we hold.
- Although we take reasonable steps to ensure that all data we use is accurate, we depend on our users to update or correct their personal information whenever necessary. We allow users to correct or change their personal information online at any time and as often as necessary.
- Goody may alter, modify or delete any information you submit to the Website or through the Goody Application if it believes, in its sole discretion, it is necessary or desirable to do so.
- You may contact us to have your personal information deleted.
- If you have any questions about how our services work or regarding this statement, Contact Us.
- For information about New Zealand’s Privacy Act 1993 and how it protects the personal information of individuals in New Zealand, click here.